Avocados are another great superfood (see last weeks post on Blueberries) to help boost your memory (and so many other amazing things), containing a significant number of nutrients and antioxidants (ready for the list!); folic acid, omega 3, magnesium, potassium, lutein, fiber, rich in vitamins A, C, D, E, K, and B group vitamins, and also, copper, manganese, AND iron! Those alone are enough reason to add avocados to your daily diet, don’t you think? 😀
Okay, to get more nitty-gritty we found this fun video! In short, avocados can do almost everything, they are the Superman (or women!) of fruit! We’re talking appearance and health; cardiovascular and eye health, arthritis, weight, skin, liver, and can even decrease cancer risk. Enjoy this informative video!
TL;DW (too long, didn’t watch) version:
9 things that will happen if you eat avocados every day
9. Fresh Breath – Avocados are an antibacterial fruit containing wonderful antioxidant flavonoids and this, in turn, may even prevent oral cancer!
8. Better working Kidneys – Your cells and organs chemical channels will be maintained with a healthy fluid balance because of the potassium ingested by eating these delicious avocados (fair warning: people with hyperpotassemia should stay away!)
7. Bad LDL Cholesterol and Blood Triglyceride Levels Decrease – Avocados help lower these levels by up to 20% and raise good HDL cholesterol by 11%
6. Liver Functions More Efficiently – Avocados help produce Glutathione (an antioxidant), which helps the liver filter out harmful substances. Vitamins C & E help neutralize free radicals and Vitamin E also teams up with Vitamin K to help lower cellular inflammation.
5. Lowers Blood Pressure – That potassium has another benefit, helps prevents osteoporosis and lower blood pressure!
4. Eye Health – Those high antioxidants found in avocados (esp carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin)) protect eyes against harmful light and could even reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts!
3. Protection against Cancer – This protect comes from the Mono-unsaturated fat and carotenoids found in avocados, esp breast and prostate cancer. The organic compounds found in avocados can cause cancerous cells to go into apoptosis (automatic cell death!)
2. Lose Weight – These superman fruits are high in fiber, which will keep you full longer!
1. Beautiful, Glowing Skin – The Vitamin C in avocados helps your skin build collagen and elastin, which helps maintain the skin’s firmness and elasticity! Vitamin E reduces excessive sun exposure and aging, and Omega Fatty Acids retain moisture in the epidermis and help regenerate epidermal cells; all of these great benefits resulting in soft, glowing skin!